Three Way ISD shall implement efficiently the Title III, Part A Section 3114 (a), 3115 (a), and (c)(3)(A)(B) which requires engagement activities for parents, family, and community. All activities and training related to parent, family, and community engagement shall be aligned and coordinated with other district programs to supplement language acquisition. Activities and training shall include effective approaches and methodologies to enhance language instruction for English Learners (EL), immigrant students, and their families.
Increase engagement of English learner parents, families, and members of the community through the provision of information, tools, and online resources to improve academic outcomes for English learners.
Year-Round Engagement Program
Three Way ISD Parent Engagement Activities
- Campus Specific Parent Engagement Activities - Schools will work together in a parent-school relationship with on-going, goal-directed communication and culturally responsive support. These supplemental activities will support the responsibilities for the academic success of students. This shared responsibility seeks what is best for the second language acquisition and academic success of students and families, both individually and collectively.
- Summer Parent Academy - The Bilingual/ESL Department will host activities every Friday in June to provide parents with the necessary tools to promote students' academic achievement, second language acquisition, support in navigating the school system, and community resources.
- Parent University for ELs - Parent University is dedicated to help parents become full partners in their children’s education by increasing family involvement in schools and empowering parents to become the most effective advocates for their children. These free courses equip families with new or additional skills, knowledge, resources, and confidence to support student achievement.
Three Way ISD Family Engagement Activities
- New Arrival Center (NAC) Family Nights - All parents and students are encouraged to attend a Family NAC Night once a semester specifically developed for recent immigrants. The focus is to help parents and students to understand the district school system and American culture. Additional services are offered to students and/or their families in these activities. These services include access to educational organizations that provide counseling, computer or technology training, mentoring, campus tutoring programs, etc.
Three Way ISD Community Engagement Activities
- ESL Adult Classes - Waller ISD, in partnership with Wharton Community College, serves English as a Second Language (ESL) classes for adults in our community to improve their English language skills to be able to contribute to our district English Language Learners' academic success.
- Back to School Fair - The Back to School Fair assists families to prepare for a successful school year by providing backpacks and school supplies, as well as useful health and community resources.
Hilda Lorta – firstname.lastname@example.org